It's recommended that you use the latest version of the ClassicUO client with this version of Razor, however it should work with the original 5.x and 7.x clients though support for any bugs may be limited.
When using ClassicUO, some features in Razor are disabled since they either won't work and/or may cause conflicts with ClassicUO.
Install: New ClassicUO with Razor Install (Installer)¶
This is a simple install process for Razor with the option to install ClassicUO.
- Download the latest release
- Select an installation path (this is where Razor and/or ClassicUO will install)
- Select the path to your UO data files (this is where you installed Ultima Online)
- Enter the client version for the UO files (for example, 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52)
- Enter the server host name to the shard you play on
- Enter the port (it's usually 2593)
If you want to run the dev preview of Razor or ClassicUO, check the box.
- When ready, click
Install / Update
When complete, you will be prompted to run either Razor or ClassicUO.
Install: New ClassicUO with Razor Install (Powershell)¶
This Powershell script is designed to help you install ClassicUO and Razor.
- Create a new folder on your local computer (ie: C:\Games\ClassicUO)
- Open PowerShell prompt and go to folder you created
- Execute the following PowerShell commands
If you are on an older version of Windows, you may experience issues running this command. You can get the latest version here.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to set up the ClassicUO settings.json file first the first time.
Install: Existing ClassicUO and/or Standard Client¶
These steps assume that you already have obtained and installed the Ultima Online game asset files in the local system and are already using ClassicUO or the standard client.
- Download the latest release
- Extract into any location (ie:
Windows 10 will block
.dll files downloaded, so you may have to open up a Powershell prompt from within the Razor folder and run
gci | Unblock-File
- (Optional) If you have an existing version of Razor, copy the Profiles, Macros and Scripts folders from
%AppData%\Razorinto the folder you extracted the zip above to. If you have custom counters, also copy
If using the ClassicUO client, follow these steps.
- Go to the folder where you have ClassicUO installed and edit
1 2 3
- Find the section above and edit the path to point to where you extract Razor in the above step. For example, if I extracted it to
settings.jsonwould look like one of these depending on the slashes you use.
If you use backslash (
\) you must use double backslashes
\\. You can also use a single forward slashes (
/) such as
1 2 3
1 2 3
- When you launch ClassicUO, Razor will load up during the startup process.
If using the standard OSI client, follow these steps.
- Right-click on the Razor shortcut or Razor.exe, go to Properties. On the Compatibility tab, select Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows XP SP2. Also select Run this program as an administrator
- Run Razor either via the shortcut or clicking the Razor.exe directly.
- Razor should prompt to Run As Administrator. You must allow this for Razor to function correctly.
Use the Razor Installer to update Razor and ClassicUO installed with a single click.
Since Razor is portable, upgrading it is a copy/paste exercise.
- Download the latest release of Razor.
- Extract the zip into your existing Razor location (ie:
C:\UO\Razor), overwritting all files, with the exception of two:
- counters.xml - This is the default counters file used to display items in your titlebar. If you've added any new counters, they would be lost if overwritten.
- Razor.exe.Config - This is the config file that stores your UO path, server list, etc. Copying this over will overwrite those settings.
- Open ClassicUO or Razor back up and log back in.
Welcome Screen (OSI Client Only)¶
If you're using ClassicUO, you should never see this screen. If you're trying to open ClassicUO and see this screen, click Quit and launch ClassicUO.
The first time you run Razor, it will open with a Welcome Screen and give you an option to import your exising
Browse to your
client.exe that you want to run along with Razor. Set the UO Data Directory (most likely the same path as your
client.exe). Either use the pre-configured servers or enter your own server in the list here.
You can also edit
Razor.exe.Config and add your own servers or just enter the server name and port in this format:
Click OK to open Razor and Ultima Online.
The Welcome Screen will control some of these settings, but some settings can only be changed by editing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20